WINTER INDOOR BASEBALL HITTING LEAGUE
Saturdays, 12pm – 3:30pm – January 28th through March 4th
SIGN UP YOUR TEAM HERE
$200/Team (Minimum 3 Players/Maximum 9 Players)
We are excited to invite you to compete in our brand-new Indoor Hitting League! Powered by HitTrax, the world’s first and only baseball simulator, players of all ages will get a chance to work on their hitting skills and compete with their friends in a fun and safe environment! Your child will get over 100 at bats, which is more than they will get in an entire season!
The Indoor Hitting League consists of six teams of three players per team and lasts six weeks. Every game night, each team plays two, 30-minute/7 inning double headers and each team plays every other team two times. After the five-week regular season, the teams will be seeded, and playoffs will take place on the sixth week. Team standings are kept and posted online. Prizes are awarded to the Championship teams!
Rules for the 4 States Sports Indoor Hitting League
Games are played virtually utilizing the HitTrax system. The HitTrax gaming module calls balls & strikes, and awards hits or outs depending on the exit velocity and launch angle of the balls off the player’s bat. Baserunners as well as a real-time visualization of the flight of each hit are projected onto the wall, including the system determined result of each at-bat. Players are truly playing a virtual game, live in our batting tunnel. Each week you’ll compete in a different Major League ballpark! Here are the rules of the 4 States Sports Indoor Hitting League!
• Each team will consist of a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 9 players.
• All regular season games will be scheduled as a double-header with each team playing 2 games per week.
• Games will be 7 innings or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. Once a new inning has started it will be completed. No new inning will start after 25 minutes of play and there are no extra innings.
• If the game is tied after 7 innings or 30 minutes, the game will end in a tie.
• Home team selects the stadium.
• Bat Restrictions: All metal/composite bats must meet the High School BBCOR standards. All wood (non-composite) bats are permissible.
• Because HitTrax calls Balls and Strikes, misfired balls from the pitching machine will not be replayed. As in a regular game, 3 strikes is an out, 4 balls is a walk.
• There will be an umpire assigned to each game to adjudicate any malfunctions of the HitTrax system.
• Any pitch that does not register ball or strike will be replayed with the current count.
• Any ball that is put in play that does not register will be replayed with the current count.
• Foul balls that hit the back net, or swings and misses that do not register will be added as a strike (unless the foul ball is with 2 strikes).
• If a ball is put in play, and registers with HitTrax as a hit, out, or foul ball, that ruling is final.
• Any other HitTrax issue will be adjudicated at the discretion of the umpire.
• Each team is responsible to collect balls after their half inning ends. Ball collection shall be completed as quickly as possible due to the 30-minute game time limits.
• Helmets must be worn at all times.
• No Bunting allowed.
• There is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for foul language, taunting or throwing bats/helmets. Violations will result in player disqualification. Alcohol is strictly PROHIBITED!
• Teams must have at least TWO players present at game time to play. If two players are not present the game will be forfeit. If two players are present, the game will run as planned. *During playoffs an OUT is registered for every hitter not present.
• At the end of 5 weeks, teams will be seeded. Week 6 will be a single elimination tournament playoff.
Throughout the season, there may be situations that require teams to utilize a replacement player. The following rules must be followed:
• Replacement players must be registered no fewer than 24 hours prior to the game in which they will play due to registration requirements within the HitTrax system.
• There is a $30 non-refundable fee to register a replacement player.
• Each team can only bat 3 per game – there are no substitutions allowed under any circumstances once a game has begun.
• To be eligible for the playoffs, a replacement player must play in at least 2 of the team’s games throughout the regular season. No replacement players that do not meet this requirement can play in the playoffs.
Q: Is this League for players of all levels? A: The Indoor Hitting League is designed for intermediate and advanced players. The speed with which games progress through the HitTrax baseball simulator unfortunately makes it impossible for our coaches to provide extensive coaching or swing-tips to the players. If you are interested in batting practice and instruction for your player, we do offer a variety of Lesson Packages with our 4 States Sports coaches. Please see the 4 States Sports website for details.
Q: How are the balls being pitched? Off a machine or off a live batting practice thrower? A: The pitches will be coming from a soft toss.
Q: Can I sign up alone without a pre-arranged team? A: Yes, you certainly can! Just enter that info into the registration system
Q: If my child signed up alone, when will we find out who my child’s teammates are? A: We will announce the teams as soon as the league is full but at latest the week before the hitting league begins. We will share your teammates contact information so you can connect and potentially carpool.
Q: What if I miss a week or if a teammate misses a week? A: If you or a teammate is missing a week, you may bring a replacement player. The replacement player must sign up online (click on INDIVIDUAL and choose your team) and there is a $30 fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to prorate for missing weeks.